What is the PTA and Why Should I Join?
PTAs across North Carolina impact more than 685,000 children and their families. Together we are a powerful voice for children. With your help, we can continue to work toward PTA’s goal of a quality education and a nurturing environment for every child.
Did you know that becoming a member of the Parent Teacher Association (PTA) does NOT require you to become a volunteer? Of course, we are always looking for volunteers to help with events and programs, but your membership gives you a voice and a vote at PTA meetings. It also allows us to act as an advocate on behalf of you or your family at the state and national level.
Why Join the PTA?
The number one reason to join the PTA is to benefit your child. In doing so, you also help your school. But there are many more PTA advantages:
- Get Connected: There’s no better way to know what’s happening in your school.
- Discover Great Resources: The PTA offers a variety of programs designed for parents as well as students.
- Tap into a Network: PTA functions are opportunities to meet other parents and teachers, building rapport and discussing issues that are on your mind. You can share ideas, concerns, and experiences.
- Watch Yourself Grow: By volunteering with your PTA, you put your skills and hobbies to use for a noble cause—your child and all children in the community.
- Speak Up: PTA can be a way for you to more effectively suggest change at your child’s school.
- Witness Improvement: By getting involved at your child’s school you’ll be part of the solution, helping make positive changes. Local PTAs play an important role in fundraising to provide building improvements, curriculum-based programs, and social events.
- Be a Role Model: By becoming a PTA member, you’ll be demonstrating to your child the importance you place on education.
When you become a PTA member, you join over 5 million people nationwide who share your interest in issues affecting children. Everyone—parents, educators, students and other citizens active in their schools and communities—is invited to join our not-for-profit parent association.
How to Join GOE PTA:
Click the link below to sign up online for just $6 per year. If you purchased a kindergarten bundle or a class t-shirt, you are already a member!