Good evening Grand Oak families!
I hope this message finds you well. The staff at Grand Oak thank you for all of your support and hard work during these unprecedented times. This has been a challenge for us all and we are thankful for such a supportive community.
Each day over the next few weeks, teachers have been at school packing up student belongings and cleaning their classrooms. By June 10th we will be completed with this monumental task and then we plan to begin the pick-up process of student belongings. For safety reasons, parents and students are not permitted inside the building. A drive-through will be used to make this process easy for families. I ask that you please adhere to the schedule and follow the procedures as they are listed.
Pick-up dates and time for student belongings on June 11th:
These times will be based on your last name and will allow families to pick up for students in different grades at the same time for convenience.
Pick-up procedures for parents:
- Parents will drive on to campus through the bus parking lot (NOT the main entrance) and drive to the area behind our gym.
- We will maintain 1 line of traffic to pick up and drop off items.
- Write child’s name and teacher’s name on a piece of paper to display in your car.
- You will be greeted by a staff member at the back of the school by the gym. Using a walkie-talkie, the staff member will call your child’s name so their belongings can be collected from the gym and brought out to you.
- Parents can also drop off chrome books, any teacher “personal items” and library books at this time.
- A staff member will bring your child’s belongings to your car. Parents and students must stay in the car at all times.
- You will be able to pick up all of your children’s belongings on the same day.
- Once you pick up and drop off items you will exit from behind the school and then leave through our main entrance.